Sunday, September 11, 2016

Amazing Grace - Cherokee Prayer




Hold on to what is good
Even if it's a handful of earth

Hold on to what you believe
Even if it's a tree that stands by itself

Hold on to what you must do
Even if it's a long way from here

Hold on to your life
Even if it's eaeier to let go

Hold on to my hand
Even if someday I'll be gone away from you.




Oh, Great Spirit whose voice I hear in the winds
And whose breadth give live to all the world, hear me
I am small and weak
I need your strength and wisdom
Let me walk in beauty
And make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset

Make my hands respect the things you have made
And my ears sharp to hear your voice
Make me wise so that I may understand
The things you have taught my people
Let me learn the lessons you have hidden
In every leaf and rock

I seek strength
Not to be greater than my brother
But to fight my greatest enemy
Myself.

Make me always ready to come to you
With clean hands and straight eyes
So when life fades, as the fading sunset
My Spirit may come to you without shame

1 comment:

Yujuan said...

Went to a retreat in the Genting Highlands, so remote and isolated from civilization, we could hear a needle dropping.
A Jesuit priest from India headed the 3 nights 2 days retreat. He gave lessons on the main world religions, opening our eyes to a Universal belief in one Supreme Being for all religions, even a Buddhist belief in Nirvana is one spiritual place of Supreme existence. Imagine attending Mass at 8pm with no music, in presence of frogs croaking and insects chirping, under candle lights. A surreal unforgettable experience.
Thus all religions are the same. Miracles do happen, making you gasp in wonder, and when after all the fervent prayers, and you still die, there is a reason, dictated by the Supreme Being, may turn out the best thing for your soul.

Blog Archive