Monday, October 23, 2017

Be more responsive to feedback

My regular visitors would have noticed that I have often given my observation on "what is wrong" and my suggestions on how to put it right.

Some people expressed the view that I like to complain on many things. That is the wrong impression. Frankly, it does reflect on the negative approach of these commenters.

When I said that JetStar has a bad system to collect feedback, I do not mean that JetStar is bad in many respect. In fact, I travel on JetStar regularly and like their low fares and reliable service.

But I did encounter a lot of problem in getting my itinerary. In spite of make a request to "resend itinerary", i still did not get it. Something is obviously wrong with the website.

To make matters worse, it was extremely painful for me to send my feedback. JetStar should make it easier for customers to give feedback, especially on things that went wrong and needed to be fixed.

I may add that this is not peculiar to JetStar. Many big companies make it difficult for customers to give their feedback. Some people said that it is deliberate. I do not think so. I think that it is just being "stupid".

Let me get back to my general point.

We are now used to getting bad customer service. Many people accept it to be a norm. But this should not be the case. It does not save money for JetStar or any other company to introduce inefficient and troublesome processes. It may even harm their business.

I believe that customers need to be more active in giving feedback and businesses should make it easy for them to do so.

My comment also apply to government agencies. They should be more willing to hear the feedback of the public and be ready to engage them. This could lead to improvements in government policies and processes that make life better for ordinary citizens.






1 comment:

Todd said...

You are a very fair and responsible person. Keep it up.

Blog Archive