Thursday, March 01, 2018

Older workers face the risk of being replaced

Hi Mr. Tan
A few decades ago, I was a young man. I was energetic, hard working and hungry. I was not well paid compared to older colleagues doing the same job.

I saw some of the older collegues being replaced due to poor health and other reasons. I felt that this was necessary because the company needs to keep the productive employees and get rid of dead wood.

I am now much older, but still remain productive and energetic. Sad to say, I feel insecure, as I am highly paid compared to younger employees. It is just a matter of time before I get the boot.

I am quite depressed, as I still have financial commitments for my family. I now realise, too late, that older workers are not fairly treated.

What is your advice?

COMMENT
Guess which of the following reply that I gave to him?

a) Welcome to Singapore.
b) This is due to the bad policy of the PAP government.
c) We need to look beyond our own interest to see the interest of other people.

No comments:

Blog Archive