Saturday, March 20, 2021

Confusing message from Transit Link

 I received this message from Transit Link after registering my credit card.


You can now use your card to pay for bus and train rides.

If your card comes with EZ-Link/NETS FlashPay functionality, please proceed to the nearest General Ticketing Machine (GTM) located at any train station to switch the payment mode of your card to contactless payment by placing it on the card reader and following the onscreen prompts. Your card can be used to pay for bus and train rides immediately after switching the payment mode.

I have no idea if my card come with the said functionality.

Anyway, when I used the card, it said that I have "low balance". I looks like I have to go to the GTM machine to switch the mode before the card can be used.

If this is the case - why give me such a confusing message?

This kind of idiotic process is quite common in Singapore. It is part of our national culture to be convoluted (as practiced by LHL), confusing and inconsiderate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The current Prime Minister is a temp who is only there to foresee the Havoc pandemic? How to expect the civil service to respect him when people are carrying a feeling he is on his way out? Ya. All those incoming ones

Anonymous said...

If your credit card has ez-link or nets functionality, it will have their logos on the card.

Most of the newer cards no longer have ez-link function as that era is phased out.

Anyway just scan your card at the top-up machine in mrt station. The steps aren't rocket science.

Blog Archive