Thursday, January 13, 2022

Answering questions in Parliament

 I share Lowinsky's opinion about a better approach to answer questions in Parliament. It is quite troubling to see how the questions are being answered now.


To whom it may concern

From the Speaker of the House to the Leader of the House to the Minister in the House it is very clear that they not only do not wish to answer the question but instead they wish to befuddle it to death.

All that the Opposition Member of the House wishes to clarify is whether there are schools practicing vaccine discrimination policy among the students.

If it is not true then all that the Minister needs to do is to stand up and deny the validity of the allegation referred to in a telegram post put up by a concerned parent.

If the Minister does not know the answer all he needs to do is to request for time for the Ministry of Education to look into the allegation.

If the Speaker of the House is truly a fair and
unbiased Speaker and recognizing that the Opposition Member of the House derived the information for his question from a telegram post he should not keep pushing haranguing bullying disrespecting and ordering the Honorable Member of the House to take his seat and keep his lips sealed as if he is a child in school

To behave the way he did and for the Leader of the House to join in to chastise the Honorable Opposition Member of the House is to say the least absolutely un-parliamentary.

It is not as if the Opposition Member of the House is raising a trivial question. His question deals with Covid vaccination and given the proclivity of this government to use compulsory measures to get a perfect score and get children from 5 to 11 to be vaccinated as well the question raised by the PSP Opposition Member of Parliament is perfectly relevant and in order. It is the ill-mannered PAP Speaker of the House who is totally out of order.

Lowinsky
13th January 2022

http://tklcloud.com/Feedback/feedback2.aspx?id=5191

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parliament is just about reading from scripts, not to mention whether the readers understand or don't understand. They are just spokespersons or the verbiage ringmaster who do not possess any true knowledge but trying to confuse their opponents. It is now about differentiating who is for the country, who is for their own circumstances, and who is about self?
Missing authentic Lee Kuan Yew.

Anonymous said...

I know that most people talk down to security guards. But security guards are not that innocent. After I got married, I moved out of my parent's home which I had lived all my life.
I still visit my parents on a weekly basis. Most of the guards knew me from the time I lived there. I have no problem with parking( always park at the same spot) when I visited my old home. A few times I was chased out of the visitors sheltered parking lot the guards claiming that those lots were only for residents. Having lived there almost all my life, I can distinguish lots between residents and visitors. I obediently moved my car a few times from the sheltered into the open even though it was raining heavily. If I questioned back I could be accused of bullying. I can understand that most guards are on ad-hoc from place to place.
So give and take for harmony.

Anonymous said...

OCBC SAGA.

We have no natural resources and are highly dependent as a financial hub. Businesses and investors are watching the government's handling to secure confidence as a financial hub.

It is commonly known that when a murder is committed, the first suspect will be the spouse.

Having all these IT foreigners from India?

Anonymous said...

Debates in parliament- Be sure that when you encounter human stories, ask for facts statistical behind them. You can be moved by the story, this will give you the opportunity to put it in the right context. Make sure your tale is seasoned with names and facts, otherwise, you risk credibility in the eyes of those who support you.

Blog Archive