Tuesday, July 12, 2005

What does a CEO do?

A CEO is:

Chief Executive Officer - everybody knows that.

However, I have to play the following additional roles:

Chief Explanation Officer - when I write in my blog or send my reply to letters in the newspaper.

Chief Excuse Officer - when I have to explain mistakes made by my colleagues, and pacify my customers

Chief Education Officer - when I conduct public seminars on insurance matters.

and finally

Chief Entertainment Officer - when I have to boost the morale of my colleagues, in facing competition and demanding customers.

It is FUN.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr Tan,

After reading what happen to NKF CEO, i wonder if NTUC CEO's salary is disclosed to public because NTUC is a cooperative society.

Could you care to point out where i could get the info on NTUC CEO's salary and travel perks?

I certainly hope NTUC will not be the next NKF.

cole. said...

NTUC CEO is different - he has many other roles, like Chief Explanation Officer, Chief Excuse Officer, etc. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on perhaps being the first CEO from Singapore to blog!

I am sincerely glad you think the CEO’s job is fun.

I recall reading recently that given the high visibility and the pressures (multiple sources) on the CEO there are many capable and talented people who no longer wish to take on the job!

Warm Wishes,
Deepa

Blog Archive