Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Be positive in our approach

I wish to encourage Singaporeans to be positive in our approach. Here is a recent example.

Last week, I checked in at Changi Airport for my flight to Dubai. I was travelling economy class. I carry a "elite card" that allowed me to use the lounge and to bring a guest.

I asked the counter staff about this privilege. He said, "Sorry, you cannot bring a guest. SIA had issued an instruction last week that disallowed the guest privilege."

I checked in at Dubai airport a week later to return to Singapore. I asked the counter staff at Dubai, "Can I use the lounge"? She said, "Yes, you can. And you can bring in a guest as well".

I suspect that the counter staff in Singapore probably made a mistake. What is worrisome is that he seemed to so ready to say "no", instead of finding a "yes".

2 comments:

Sophie said...

good point!

Edwin said...

I wonder, what if you were an "Ang Moh", would they have been so ready as to turn your guest away?

Blog Archive