Sunday, December 24, 2006

Secure Banking

I used internet banking. My bank recently sent a security device to me. I had a lot of trouble with the registration of the device. This is now over.

Now, I have problem in keeping this device. As I do not use it often, it tends to be misplaced.

Later, I imagine that other banks and financial firms will send their security device to me. It must be very troublesome to keep so many devices in my home, and my office.

I suggest that the Monetary Authority of Singapore encourage the financial firms to use a common device, so that each customer need only to keep one security device (like one NRIC). This device should be registered with an independent party, and can be used by all financial firms.

If the customer is required to keep only one device, which can be used for multiple purpose, it is likely to be more convenient and practical.

2 comments:

ZZ said...

interesting. first time seeing a CEO's blog:).

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Tan,

I'm have been using internet banking from the four local banks but I personally like the 2nd level of UOB - security code sent via sms. As I sometimes need to access to internet banking outside of home urgently, which then I realised the security token is at home, therefore creates alot of inconvenience to me. SMS is a more convenience and accessible for people often on the move.

Blog Archive