Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Which course should I take in university?

I was asked for my views on the following courses in university:

* electrical engineering
* chemical engineering
* double degree in electical engineering and business

As I am not familiar with this matter, I asked my yournger colleages for their views. Here is a summary:

----------

Electrical engineering requires interest in computer programming and job prospects are found in semi-conductor or IT industry.

Chemical engineering requires interest in chemistry and biology as bulk of the work is pent on laboratory experiments and research. Job prospects are found in petroleum or pharmaceutical companies.

Comparatively, electrical engineering offers a wider variety of jobs than chemical engineering because of its involvement in the vast IT industry.

Double degree in engineering and business is very useful as employers look for talents who have the technical knowledge and know how to manage a business.

No comments:

Blog Archive