Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Will my savings be safe after you leave?

Dear Mr Tan Kin Lian,

In 2005, I put in $111,000 in Flexi Link. I convinced my husband to put his savings in NTUC INCOME - Flexi-Cash. The first amount was $120,000, then subsequently another $124,000, in total $351,000.

The news of your ending your career at NTUC INCOME was a shock to me - quite upsetting in fact. What was your reason for resigning, was it a good reason?

Mr Tan, I have not met you but i feel that you are a man of integrity and foresight.

NTUC INCOME has done extremely well under your leadership. Would you advise me will our money be safe under both Flexilink and Flexicash? Can NTUC Income ensure safe returns in 10 years time?

Both my husband and I are 58 years old and these are our life-savings. Thank you.

CA

----------------

Dear CA

Thank you for your kind words.

NTUC Income will continue to be well managed after I leave. I will be keeping most of my personal savings with NTUC Income in the Flexi-link plan, invested in the various funds. I am 58 years old. My family will also be keeping their savings with NTUC Income.

You can read about my future plans in my personal website, www.tankinlian.com. I intend to work in Middle East and Indonesia to help my partners to develop their insurance business.

I wish you and your family all the best in health and happiness.

Tan Kin Lian

No comments:

Blog Archive