Friday, July 13, 2007

Tribute to Dr Goh Keng Swee

THIS WAS FIRST POSTED SIX MONTHS AGO. AS THERE ARE LETTERS IN THE NEWSPAPER ABOUT THE CONTRIBUTION OF DR GOH KENG SEE, I AM RE-POSTING THIS BLOG.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish to pay tribute to one great man, whose vision led to the formation of NTUC Income. He is Dr Goh Keng Swee, finance minister of Singapore in 1970.

After NTUC Income was formed, he served as chairman of the board of trustees for 10 years and provided the strategic direction that led to our success. I met Dr Goh when I joined NTUC Income in 1977 and worked under him for two years.

Dr Goh also served in various capacities in the government, including education minister, defence minister and deputy prime minister. He retired from government service about 15 years ago.

Dr Goh is now over 90 years old. He has not been well for some time. I wish to say a big "thank you" to Dr Goh, on behalf of nearly two million policyholders and their families.

1 comment:

Valeo said...

I'm 41 , the images of Dr Goh came into vivid recognition when I was around 8 , all i heard were praises from my grandfather & many seniors at those years.

He is truly the most respectable man at adversary times.

RIP Doc Goh !

Blog Archive