Thursday, May 10, 2007

Relationship manager

My bank assigned a relationship manager to serve me. I did not use this service for the past 10 years. During this time, they change the relationship manager every 2 or 3 years, due to staff turnover.

In recent months, I used this contact person on many occasions. I ask her to find out the products that are available to me. I also ask for assistance on how to use the promotions and special services of the bank.

It has been very useful. It is better than relying on a secretary to handle this matter for me.

Lesson: know your relationship manager and ask them to sort out the paperwork for you. It is
their job.

1 comment:

Thomas Phua's Blog said...

Some how the RM is also like any sales person.

Unless one knows what he wants to enquire, if not, they will try to push products as well.

I was given structure deposit before and is bleeding at no interest for a few years now until SOR rate soften recently but miserable interest.

Then they try to organise some stocks for consideration.

If you do not keep in touch with them, they also will not call you.

Well, you have to make use of their service, if we know what we want.

- Thomas Phua

Blog Archive