Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Expensive to stay in Daydream Island

Dear Mr Tan

I checked the internet and found that it cost AUD 400 to book a hotel room at Daydream Island, Australia. You must be quite rich to be able to afford a holiday there.

--------------------

REPLY:

You should be able to get a lower rate or good discount, if you book through a travel agent or go as part of a larger group. The conference organiser was able to get a special rate of AUD 220 per room.

In my case, the air fare and accommodation are paid by the organiser, who invited me to speak at the conference. Otherwise, it can be quite costly, even for me.

I normally prefer to have a holiday in the nearby countries, i.e. Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand or China. It is more affordable and the food is good. The weather is also warmer.

No comments:

Blog Archive