Monday, June 11, 2007

Poor connection to Singapore

I flew by Jetstar from Hamilton Island to Brisbane, arriving at 2 pm. My connecting flight was by Singapore Airlines at midnight.

Originally, I wanted to check my bags through to Singapore, so that I could spend the afternoon visiting Brisbane downtown.

Jetstar was not able to check my bags through to Singapore. I had to retrieve by bags from the domestic airport and take a train to the international airport in Brisbane.

The check-in counter for Singapore Airlines opened at 9 pm. Brisbane Airport does not have any facility to store my two big bags. I had to bring them down to Brisbane downtown to store my bags.

It was a big hassle. I cancelled my trip to the Brisbane downtown.

If I had flown Virgin Blue, instead of Jetstar, I would have been able to check my bags through to Singapore. They have a connecting arrangement with Singapore Airlines.

Lesson: Buy your tickets from the airlines that have a connecting arrangement. Do not buy them independently.

No comments:

Blog Archive