Thursday, June 21, 2007

Make my blog more interesting

Someone complained that I have censored his comments in my blog. In his case, the statement is not correct. I posted his comment into the main page of my blog and separated a paragraph into two (to make it easier to read). His original comment remained in my blog.

I do have the ability to censor a comment in my blog. I will do it under the following situations:

* where the comment is offensive to another person
* where it is defamatory
* where it has a mischievous intent

So far, I have not found the need to use this censorship power (except for a rare occasion long ago).

I respect the views of other people, even if they differ from my views. I only ask that they express the view in a respectful manner.

When I copy someone's comment into the main page of my blog, I observe the following principles:

* I may edit the comment to be briefer and clearer (only if necessary)
* The original message is kept intact
* I do not quote that person's name (unless I have his or her permission)
* I may change some details to avoid that person being identified by his friends

I hope to receive views and comments from readers for posting into my blog. It becomes more interesting, if it is contributed by several people (and not just my views).

No comments:

Blog Archive