Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A bus journey with a transfer

I was invited to a dinner at Concourse Building in Beach Road.

I decided to take a bus from my home. There is no direct bus. I went to the Transit Link website and used its Bus Journey Planner.

I entered my starting and ending bus stops. It displayed the best route for me. I had to take service 857 for 4 stops to Bendemeer Road and change to service 107 for 8 stops to Jalan Sultan.

It was quite convenient and easy. As it was during the busy period, I had to stand on the first part of the journey. I had a seat for the second part.

This is the first time that I have taken a bus journey with a transfer. It was quite easy with a little preparation. The service provided by Transit Link was useful.

5 comments:

hongjun said...

Do you used to take public transport often in the past?


hongjun

Victor Foo said...

Public Transport Council (PTC) is operating from The Concourse in Beach Road.

I hope that you will consider sitting as council member.

Khiat Han Hwee Adrian said...

Public transport had improved over the years.

It will be good if the bus schedule can be more accurate.
Sometimes wait for bus 20 min and 2 buses arrive together when supposed to be 10 mins interval for each bus.

10 mins can determine if you are early or late for a meeting.

Victor Foo said...

This is consider not a bad experience though.

My worst experience was 40 minutes waiting for a bus; and finally, three buses arrived together !

Thomas Phua's Blog said...

I usually ride my motorbike, and drive in the evening when car is available.

Today, it poured. I am bad at taking bus, unless to familiar place.

I tried the SMRT transit guide in the website.

It is interesting, there are a few search option.

I entered my location and the location I am going to, and it provided me the bus number.

But well, Ang Mo Kio Ave 8 is so long, it turned at a place my destination but still within walking distance.

Quite useful website search, but I think I missed the bus and waited quite long for the next, almost 15 minutes.

- Thomas Phua

Blog Archive