Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Buying a Shield Plan

Are these questions relevant to you?

1. I am provided with medical benefit by my employer. Do I need to buy a Shield plan?
2. What type of plan should I buy? Medishield (from CPF) or a private Shield?
3. Should I buy the rider to cover the Deductible and Co-insurance?
4. Should I buy a “as charged” plan?
5. Should I buy a plan with a high lifetime limit of $5 million.
6. How do I convert from Medishield to a private Shield plan?
7. Can I cover my parent under a Shield plan?
8. Can I pay a level premium for my Shield plan?
9. How much of the hospital bill is paid by the Shield plan?
10. How can I avoid double insurance?
11. Should I use my Medisave or pay by cash?
12. Can the insurance company refuse to renew my medical insurance, if I make a few claims?

You can find the answers in this FAQ:
http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/shield.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to add on to item (5) -
"Should I buy a plan with high lifetime limit of 5 million or even unlimited lifetime coverage"

Like Mr. Tan, I find that the "5 or 10 million" or "unlimited lifetime coverage" absolutely useless. If the costs of provided this benefit is factored into the plan - it is out to cheat us of our hard earn money. Prove me wrong.

How to complain to authorities about this misleading benefit?


Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Complain to MOH that those shield plans offering life time limit is
misleading and gimmicky.

Blog Archive