Friday, November 23, 2007

Quotes from Einstein

Source: http://www.quoteworld.org/category/intelligence/author/albert-einstein

"My life is a simple thing that would interest no one. It is a known fact that I was born and that is all that is necessary."

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them."

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thoughts in clear form."

"The grand aim of all science is to cover the greatest number of empirical facts by logical deduction from the smallest number of hypotheses or axioms."

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death."

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"My pacifism is an instinctive feeling, a feeling that possesses me because the murder of men is disgusting. My attitude is not derived from any intellectual theory but is based on my deepest antipathy to every kind of cruelty and hatred."

"It is not the fruits of scientific research that elevate man and enrich his nature. but the urge to understand, the intellectual work, creative or receptive."

"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."

No comments:

Blog Archive