Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lost a camera in a taxi

Dear Mr. Tan,

I took a taxi to visit a pet lodging shop, on the way to the airport for an overseas holiday. I left my camera in the taxi. There are several treasured pictures of happy moments in the camera.

On my return to Singapore, I called several taxi operators to report the loss, as I forgot which taxi I took. I had to leave messages in many voice mail and speak to telephone operators who were indiffferent as they were so used to taking such calls. It was a tiring and hopeless exefcise for me.

I hope that, in the near future, there is a one-point contact number to report a loss and to receive genuine help.

REPLY

I agree that call center service is generally quiet poor in Singapore, with a few exceptions (such as NTUC Income).

I will post your experience in my blog. However, to reach out to a bigger audience, you can write to the newspapers, like Straits Times and Today, or to the Land Transport Authority. I wish you all the best in the recovery of your camera.

1 comment:

andrea said...

We left our new camera with our wedding pictures in the memery card last saturday. did the same, called all the taxi companies. so far, no news. its very depressing.

Blog Archive