Thursday, April 17, 2008

Simplify the bureaucratic requirements

I sent this e-mail to a large organisation in Singapore that engaged me to give a talk on financial planning.

Dear

Please pass this feedback to your Finance Department. I had a lot of trouble in complying with the financial requirements in getting this payment. For a person who works from home, without the support of full time staff, I had a lot of trouble in preparing and mailing an invoice, to be accompanied with a photocopy of the bank statement.

After preparing the invoice, I forgot to mail it for more than a week. Fortunately, I did not run out of stamps.

I have received many payments from other parties, from much larger sums. They are willing to accept an instruction through e-mails and do not require so much trouble from me. I hope that you Finance Department will update their requirements to make things easier for other people, especially for small payments.

No comments:

Blog Archive