Saturday, May 31, 2008

Disappointed at the outcome of Collective Protest

Dear Mr. Tan,
I am disappointed that you have withdrawn the Collective Protest. I still do not like the cut in the annual bonus, and the assurance that you have obtained on the special bonus. I begin to distrust life insurance policy, as the bonus can be changed in this manner.
J

REPLY
I understand your disappointment.

The assurances from the chairman, deputy chairman and the former NTUC secretary general is the best that I can get at this time. There is nothing much that can be achieved by moving the Collective Protest to the next stage. I do not wish to drag the matter and cause damage to the reputation of Income. If you do not accept the assurances, you can write directly to the board of Income.

I agree that life insurance policies are unsatisfactory due to the high cost and lack of transparency. For the past year, I have been advising consumers to buy term insurance for the protection and invest their savings in a low cost fund. You can select a fund that suit your risk profile, i.e. low or high risk.

Read this FAQ:
http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/savings.html

1 comment:

Raymond T said...

I will only be looking at term policies from now on.

Blog Archive