Sunday, May 25, 2008

Harrassed over an old case

Hi Mr. Tan
Would be very appreciative if you could advise on the following matter, please.

My wife was involved in a minor accident where her car grazed a pedestrain who was not paying attention when he stepped off the sidewalk at the roundabout a few years ago. My insurer X assessed and accepted that my wife was not at fault (I have on hand various correspondences) and I have been enjoying 50% NCD plus additional NCD protection premium all these past years.

Almost 3 years later, we received a letter from thier lawyer which brusquely requested my wife to go for an interview with the lawyer and bringing all the necessary documents, police reports, pictures etc. These were already provided to X for their assessment earlier. The lawyer warned that failure to comply or cooperate would entitle X to repudiate liability against my wife, leaving my wife personally liable to any damages and costs which may be obtained against her.

Is this the norm for X or their lawyer to go after the policy holder years after they have assessed the policy holder to be not af fault and closed the case?

REPLY
I suggest that you meet with the lawyer and ask this question to the lawyer.

If you feel that you have been unfairly inconvenienced, you can send your feedback to the top management. In the worse case, you can lodge a complain with Fidrec.
http://www.fidrec.com.sg/website/faq.html

Generally, the insurance company should look after the interest of the policyholder and should not give unnecessary trouble and inconvenience to the policyholder.

No comments:

Blog Archive