Thursday, June 25, 2009

Shopping through the internet

I need envelopes to send my books to customers. Each envelope (A5 size) cost 26 cents from a stationary shop.

As I needed a large number of envelopes, I searched the internet for a manufacturer to supply in bulk. I found an internet-based stationery who offered the envelopes at 8 cents, i.e. about 1/3rd of the retail price. I bought the envelopes and other stationary items for my office through this source, and paid using Paypal.

Lesson: It is easy to do "shopping" through the internet and find out the best source.

Tan Kin Lian

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 cents is the cost of the envelope. Another 2 cents goes to pay for electricity. Another 3 cents goes to pay the dealer who sold you the 8 cent envelope. 18 cents goes to the landlord who rents out the place to sell the envelopes.

Anonymous said...

Actually if you bother to check around you can find things in some places much cheaper than you can expect.

I wanted to buy tea lights in buik and checked them out at NTUC and some neighbourhood shop. NTUC was selling them at $3.90 for a 30 pce pack while a neighbouring shop was selling them at $7.50 for a 100 pce pack. Then I went to IKEA and found them selling 100 pce pack for just $4.90 and more beautifully done as well! It pays to check around.

But of course, the only people who bother to check around are the elderly, like me, because we are more careful with our money. Youngsters do not bother. That's a fact.

Lost Citizen

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr Tan

I have an idea. Why not use your blog highlight certain franchises and business opportunities for us man in the street to take stock of? Advertisers can pay you for your advertisement and posts, we folks benefit from the business opportunities and your blog has many many more readers. Everybody wins! :)

Blog Archive