Friday, October 16, 2009

Article about Profitable Group

Hi Mr. Tan
Why did you withdraw your blog? Are you a coward?
What are you going to do with the defamatory statements in the Profitable Group website that are attacking you personally? Will you sue them?
Did you do any research before you post the article?

REPLY
My blog article was extracted from the Guardian website. Someone, presumably an investor, sent the article to me, requesting for it to be posted. I checked against the link and found that it was posted in the Guardian website.

Several of the statements refer to land banking in general and not specifically to Profitable Group. There were a few statements referring directly to Profitable Group but they looked quite factual to me. So, I posted the article in my blog.

When Profitable Group said that the article contained untruths, I removed it from my blog immediately. I also offered to post any correction that they wish to send to me. In particular, I asked for any correction that they sent to the Guardian article to be sent to me.

It is not a matter of cowardice. It is a matter of being fair. I do not hold any malice towards Profitable Group or any of its directors and do not wish to damage their reputation through any unintended mistake.

I have seen the statements made by Profitable Group in their website that do appear to attack me personally. I do not intend to take legal action against them for these statements. I will let the public make their own judgement about my character. Let the truth prevails. Let the facts speak for themselves.

Tan Kin Lian

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like same tactic as "peanuts" and "gold tap" case.. threat of legal action.
Power to those with $$$.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr Tan,

Good evening; I think you fit exactly into what Mother Teresa defined as an honorable gentleman:

Quotes from Mother Teresa:

Do It Anyway - Sign In Mother Teresa's Office

People are unreasonable,
illogical, and self-centered,
LOVE THEM ANYWAY

If you do good, people will
accuse you of selfish,
ulterior motives,
DO GOOD ANYWAY

If you are successful, you win
false friends and true enemies,
SUCCEED ANYWAY

The good you do will
be forgotten tomorrow,
DO GOOD ANYWAY

Honesty and frankness
make you vulnerable,
BE HONEST AND FRANK ANYWAY

What you spent years building
may be destroyed overnight,
BUILD ANYWAY

People really need help but
may attack you if you help them,
HELP PEOPLE ANYWAY

Give the world the best you
have and you'll get kicked
in the teeth,
GIVE THE WORLD THE BEST YOU'VE GOT ANYWAY.

Anonymous said...

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Investment-Brokers/Profitable-Group-Pro/profitable-group-profitable-798aa.htm#798aa

Anonymous said...

If they threaten legal action first, they may end up like TT Durai :)

Anonymous said...

Are they sueing the Guardian? If the Guardian does not retract its posts, what does it say of Profitable Group if it does not go ahead and sue? :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr Tan,

Has been reading your blog quite a while. With regards to Profitable groups, I believe they are into land banking investment with UK land.

My dad has make similar investment with Jardine Smith. Eversince, there has been no update at all regarding his investment since 2007 til now. The previous consultant has left. Not sure if you come across this company before and and comments on them?

Anonymous said...

Dear whoever you are,

Please do not describe Mr Tan as a coward.

Its a derogatory remark.

At least Mr Tan identifies himself.

I am posting anonymously. That makes me more of a coward. Describing myself as such is allright.

Anonymous said...

if profitable group can sue the guardian hey should talk. if not they should just shut shop before the govt gets to them. I am sure there is a lot of activity behind the scenes and the curtains are going to draw close on the PG very soon!!

Mr Tan you are great. We need at least a few of you to get the system cleansed.

Blog Archive