Sunday, July 31, 2011

Visit to Batam

Mr Tan Kin Lian will be visiting the Indonesian Island of Batam to meet Singaporeans and to conduct interviews with the local media there.


The island is popular with many heartlanders and PMETs as it is nearby and it is also relatively inexpensive to take a break there. He will also take the opportunity to view the progress of developments there as there are many Singapore investments in Singapore.


Many residents of Batam also have ties to Singapore and follow developments in Singapore with interest. He hopes the interviews will give him an opportunity to extend greetings, on behalf of Singaporeans, to the people of Batam as Indonesia will be celebrating its Independence Day soon.


Said Mr Tan: "I have visited Batam many times over the years. I am impressed by the developments and progress taking place. Each time I go there, I see more projects taking off. This is good as it means there are more jobs. I also find the people here very friendly and helpful. I wish the people of Batam a peaceful and prosperous future. I also hope that the good relations between our two countries will continue so that we can visit each other more often."


The following media will be interviewing Mr Tan:


· Radio SingFM Batam 105.5Mhz –

· Batam Pos Newspaper
· Haluan Kepri Newspaper
· Tribun Batam Newspaper


Live radio Interview at SingFM studio at Planet Holiday Hotel. The 45 minutes interview will be at 10.00 am Indonesian Time. He will be interviewed by Bpk Bambang Pamungkas Manager/Chief Editor of Radio SingFM.This broadcasting station is a business radio.


The press interview will be held at the business centre meeting room in Planet Holiday Hotel at 11.am Indonesian Time.


Anthony Chia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to know in what capacity Mr Tan would be to "extend greetings on behalf of Singaporeans to the people of Batam" for the Indonesian National Day.

Would it not be more appropriate for Mr Tan to do so as a private citizen of Singapore since he does not hold any official appointment.

Tan Kin Lian said...

Dear onde888
I agree with your views. I was conveying my personal greetings and also those of my supporters who joined me.
I hope to be able to convey the greetings of the people of Singapore in the future.

Its ME said...

Every Singaporean is Republic of Singapore citizen-ambassador during oversea trips in line with the note declared inside the page of our International Pasport. Check it out the details and see. On that ground I say Mr Tan Kin Lian did the right thing and he did it well and friendly . Let's hope every traveling Singaporean remember to be good citizen-ambassador reflecting the spirit of true Singaporean.

Blog Archive