Saturday, November 05, 2011

Online processes of Government ministries

The online processes of several Government ministries are terrible - they make life difficult for the public. I have bad experience with the Ministry of Manpower in respect of getting work passes and making CPF top-ups. My friend told me that he had a lot of trouble in submitting an application to work as a relief teacher in the Ministry of Education website.

I have submitted several feedback to the Ministry of Manpower giving details of the difficulty faced by me. They give me a polite reply each time, but do not really address the root of the problem - the online process make life very difficult for the public. Instead of improving national productivity, they make things worse. The ministry save 1 hour, but the public has to spend (say) 5 hours.

In many cases, the process are so complicated that the public has to call the helpline. After a while, many of these helplines (especially from the Ministry of Manpower) do not respond (i.e. cannot get through). I can understand the difficulty of these helpline operators. They are deluged with so many questions from the public seeking help.

The underlying problem is the complicated process. They are designed to save time for the government ministry, and they add to the overall waste of national resources. I hope that someone from the Ministry of Finance, who is supposed to drive national productivity, will respond to me (kinlian@gmail.com). My feedback to them in the past were also not attended with seriousness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"My feedback to them in the past were also not attended with seriousness."
TKL

This is understandable as they may be busy with even more serious and higher priority (from their viewpoint, not yours) matters.

Which is also why, not just yours, but many other people's complaint and feedback are also similarly treated.

Anonymous said...

For laughs only. Not for reference.

http://sdfapplication.blogspot.com/

Dave said...

mostly a pain, esp GEBIZ and IRAS - if you dont own a PC. Mac users are totally ignore by many govt ministry online portals and payment processes

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr Tan
You are to be commended for your public spirit and positive attitude (at least you give the Ministries the benefit of the doubt that they are here to serve the public) towards all these online processes.

I've long given up hope and will vote Opposition until I see better service. It's the only way to register my displeasure that has any chance of getting heard.

Taeyeon said...

Since the Garment set the law when I have some doubts I asked a garment agency (MAS) via email
After asking for my full name, company and contact details, I expected sum decent reply
Can you believe me when they said go see your lawyer?!
So whats the use of MPs? They provide additional features like "taiching" you to be tossed about by the garment agencies
Then when an agency is ready to entertain you they say go see your lawyer

Blog Archive