Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Basics of investing

I often receive e-mails from the public asking my views about investing in various types of investments. During the past week, the questions were about investing in silver and pre-IPO shares. They ask - are these investments safe?

My reply is, "attend the educational talks on financial planning and investments, organised by FISCA. Learn about investing in blue chip shares. They form a benchmark for you to compare about investing in other types of investments. The talks also tell you about dubious investments that you should avoid. "

The next talk is on 27 October. Details can be found here: http://easyapps.sg/assn/Org/Event.aspx?id=5. This talk is being held once in three months, so do not miss it. Register now.




1 comment:

Tan Kin Lian said...

Some people wait until the last minute. When the talk is full, they ask me, "What do I do? When is the next talk?"
My answer is ,"monitor the FISCA website. Please do not expect me to answer these types of questions individually. I have other things to do".
If you are really in need for investment education, register now. Do not wait until the registration to be fully taken up.

Blog Archive