Sunday, November 29, 2015

Average travel time for each bus stop

I took bus 857 to Raffles City on a Sunday morning to meet a friend for breakfast. I took bus 857 back to my home.
I paid attention to the average time taken for each stop, On the way there, the average time was 1.5 minutes per stop as it was a Sunday morning and the traffic was light. On the way back, the average time was 2 minutes per stop.
On both occasions, I ignored the stretch where the bus traveled on the Central Expressway.
I wanted to collect this information to support my concept of changing the bus system to have express and feeder services. The express service stops every 2 km. The intermediate stops can be served by a feeder service. This new structure will reduce the travel time on buses.

2 comments:

Bai Hu said...

Hello Mr Tan, Bus 857 is just one of the route operated by the bus company. Perhaps it would be better if your readers who are bus users can help contribute to your data and statistics as well. Thanks.

Tan Kin Lian said...


I also take other buses, e.g. 163, 162, 86, 70. All of them provide similar statistics, i.e. 1.5 to 2 mins per stop.

I welcome other bus users to contribute their statistics. They can post their comments here.

Blog Archive