Wednesday, May 25, 2016

An unusual Singaporean

Thomas (not his real name) came to see me on three separate occasions. His friend recommended a Prulink policy to him. He wanted my opinion about the policy.

I asked him to send the benefit illustration to me. He did. I analyzed the policy and presented my report to him. He insisted on seeing me, and indicated that he would pay my consulting fee.

I asked him to make a donation to FISCA instead. On each visit, he wrote a cheque for $250. I spent between 1 to 2 hours to explain the policy to him. He had several related questions and wanted my explanation.

He made three visits and donated a total of $750 towards FISCA.

I find him to be an unusual Singaporean. He was willing to pay for consulting fees, even though he could have avoided it.

Thomas felt that the fee was worth it, as it saved him a few tens of thousands from making a bad investment. 

No comments:

Blog Archive