Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Are the T&C fair to consumers?

I received this email from Grab with the title "We are upgrading our terms and conditions to serve your better".

I clicked on the link provided, as follows:
https://www.grab.com/sg/terms/?utm_source=mailchimp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SG17GPACTIVATION

I read a lot of details, but do not know how I am being served better. I also do not know if there are any "dangerous" terms and conditions that are disadvantageous to the consumer.

I don't think other consumers are able to read the detailed "T&C".

I prefer a system where any busiess that provide a service for the general public should send its "T&C" to a government regulator which will check that the "T&C" are fair to the consumers.

Why force 100,000 consumers to read the "T&C" when the regulator can carry out this function?

Of course, I know that this practice is not peculiar to Grab. It is being practised by other businesses. The approach that I suggested should apply to all businesses that offer a service that is used by many members of the public.


No comments:

Blog Archive