Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Approaching 100th birthday

I visited my 1st uncle who is now 98 years old. He is the eldest brother of my mother who passed away 4 years ago.

My uncle is still lucid and quite healthy. However, he moves around in a wheel chair.

He spends most of his time playing Free Cell on this computer. He insists on playing the easy level, so it does not add to his stress.

He now wishes to watch soccer games.

I found that his computer has Internet but no speaker. I will be passing a spare bluetooth speaker to him.

I will create a folder on his browser and copy the links to 30 soccer matches on Youtube to this folder. These are full match videos of the European and international soccer matches.

It will keep him occupied 2 hours a day for the next 30 days. If he forgets the matches, and that is likely to happen, he can watch the same matches again, and that will occupy him another 30 days.

In 2 years time, he will celebrate his 100th birthday.

No comments:

Blog Archive