Thursday, April 25, 2019

Apply the law with discretion

Your child has done something wrong.

Do you, as a parent, apply your discretion on how to handle this matter or do you refer to and stick with the SOP?

I believe that most parents will take a decision that is in the best interest of the child and not follow the SOP blindly.

The same discretion should apply to the police and the judge. I like them to take a decision that is in the best interest of society and not follow the law blindly and rigidly.

I know that when there is discretion in applying the law, some decisions might be wrong. But I trust that most decisions will be right.

I also believe that when judge decide with discretion, they are more likely to make the right decisions, rather than adopt the rigid approach.

Many people take the view that the law should be applied rigidly. I see this view expressed frequently in posts in the page. I do not agree with them.

https://tklcloud.com/Feedback/feedback2.aspx?id=1397





1 comment:

fairplay said...

I agree with your view.
There are some hypocrites who think otherwise because they are not affected and does not think for the good of society as a whole.

Blog Archive