Monday, May 27, 2019

NRIC identify but does not authenticate a person



Someone is worried that a third party who knows my NRIC, email address and mobile No can use my identity for online purchase and for signing petitions.

I replied that the third party will need to make payment for online purchase and to verify an online petition with the email link.

Anyway, the petition will probably be ignored by the party that it is addressed to.

A person's identity needs to be authenticated to have legal effect. A legal document will need to be duly witnessed, usually by a lawyer.

I consider the NRIC to be a unique number to identify a person as a supplement to the name, but it does not authenticate that person on its own.

I prefer the NRIC to be used in public to identify a person and not to be kept as a secret identity.








No comments:

Blog Archive