Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Act against the offender

I publicise my NRIC and somebody misused it. In fact, that mischievous person is committing an offence under the misuse of computer law.

Several people blamed me for publishing my NRIC. They said that I should keep it a secret.

I do not agree. The NRIC should be a public ID to identify a person. It is used in many places. It is accessible to other people.

The correct way is to stop the offense, and to enforce the law.

Let me quote you an analogy.

A wealthy person wears an expensive watch. Someone robs him of the watch.

What do the other people say - oh, the wealthy person deserves to be robbed, because he wants to show off his wealth.

Another analogy.

Someone buys an expensive car. Another person felt jealous and scratches the car.

What do the other people say - oh, he deserves to have his car scratched , because he wants to show off his wealth.

This is the distorted logic of the people who commented that I allowed my NRIC to be known.

I hope that these people think about this issue, instead of launching another personal attack on me.

Tan Kin Lian

No comments:

Blog Archive