Monday, July 01, 2019

Energy used in Mi smart band

Here is the latest update on the energy used by the Mi smart band.

The battery level was 70% last night. This morning, it still showed 70%. There was no energy consumed.

The smart band was recording my sleep night. It reported the hours of deep and light sleep.

I kept my mobile phone far away, so that it does not charge the band wirelessly.

It seemed that the band was able to carry out its monitoring without of the sleep without consuming any energy. Surprise!

Perhaps the reading is flawed. I wonder!

Anyway, I will not be charging the band until the battery runs out. I have used it for over three days, and it only consumed 30% of the battery.

I wonder if the Mi band found a way to charge the battery using the electro magnetic fields that must be created by other devices.

See an explanation of wireless charging here.
https://www.electronics-notes.com/…/basic-concepts-tutorial…

No comments:

Blog Archive