Sunday, October 27, 2019

Wrong meter reading in a past month led to high surcharged in September


SP Services billed me for 87.4 cu meters of water consumed in September. This was excessive. My normal water consumption should be 40 cu meters. My utilities bill for September increased by about $200 from the normal bill.

I monitored my actual consumption in October and found it to be only 25.2 cu meters.

I send this email to SP Services.

Dear
I attach a copy of my water meter reading, copy to your customer support.

The meter reading is 1884.1, showing a consumption of 25.2 cu meters for the past month.

The consumption was lower as my wife and I were traveling for the past 10 days. Still there were three occupants in the house.

I am convinced that the high consumption in September was probably due to a wrong meter reading in July. This caused the billing in July to be lower and that is compensated by the high billing in September.

As higher consumption attracted a higher rate, this caused by September bill to be unusually high. It would not have occurred if there the meter reading in July had been correctly taken.

I do not have any proof about the meter reading in July, but is is obvious from the trend of the meter readings that you have sent to me for the past year.

I wish to ask for the water bill in September to be adjusted to be based on the lower tier rate.

No comments:

Blog Archive