Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Speed up the processing at immigration counter

Dear Mr. Tan

Last year, I went paris. As we hold a biometric passport, the immigration officer only need to swipe the passport over the reader to get all information. It went well. They do not need to scan the image of the passport.

The immigration officer Singapore scan the passport for outgoing and incoming citizens. I believe that my passport is issued by ICA. They do not need to keep scanning the passport. They could have just swipe the passport to get the data from the magnetic strip. It will take less time compared to the scanning process.

in an event of deface of passport, I believe that the officer would have seen it.

I do not understand why our immigration officer need to waste time in scanning the passport when swiping it to get the magnetic data would be sufficient.

yf

Reply
I agree with your view. I have observed that our Immigration counter takes a long time to process each traveler, compared to overseas. Once, I had to go through the immigration counter, instead of the automated games, and I observed that it was quite slow.

I also observed that it took a longer time to clear the immigration at Woodlands compared to Johor Bahru for people travelling by car. I think that it is due to the time taken to scan the passport.

No comments:

Blog Archive