Tuesday, June 09, 2020

Paying fee for online talks

I have organized many online talks on investment, insurance and financial planning.
In the past, I asked the participant to pay the fee of $10 (which will now be increased in stages to $30) by PayNow and to notify me of the payment.
I had to take the trouble to update the payment. It can be quite tedious.
I have now changed the system. The participant will update the payment on their own by entering the payment reference number from the bank. The fee is automatically taken as being paid.
It is possible for a participant to cheat me by updating the payment, even though they have not made any payment.
I will be able to check the actual payment received on the day of the talk. If the payment is not received, I will call the participant to verify.
I will only send the link for the talk only to those participants who have actually made the payment.
I do not think that participants will deliberately cheat me, but for those who do, I have a way to check.
The fee for future talks will be increased to $15 and later in stages to $30.
The fee of $30 for a 90 minute talk works out to $20 per hour.
I understand that some speakers charge $4,000 for a 3 day talk on investing (i.e. $200 per hour for a 20 hour talk).
So, my eventual fee of $20 per hour is only 10% of the commercial rate.
I advise participants to register early as the registration may close one or two days before the talk. I do not have the time to handle last minute requests as they are quite troublesome for me.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to activate the funds' transfer. Spent 45 minutes on phone with the banker. After a few tries, everything just went blank. I will be meeting him in a few days time face to face with my phone for pin number. How about that? Electronics may be good in some ways but can be a frustration to grabble. Only easy for scholars.

Anonymous said...

Three strikes and you are out.

Anonymous said...

The pre- 1980's prefer tho old and basic way of doing things The post-1980's do not mind the computerised way of doing things. In another 30 years when all those born in the 2020s will be tech-savvy. They grow up with it. The world will be different.

Anonymous said...

Not everything is standardized. Banks have their very own system. At times its trial and error for even those who may
be tech-savvy. A double whammy for older people.

hiren patil said...

It's a great blog about online services thanks for sharing the blog to know more about Online Banking Account..
Online Banking Account Opening

Blog Archive