Saturday, January 02, 2021

Excellent technical support from Dell, Penang

 My Dell All in One desktop computer had a technical issue. I keep getting a sharp sound every minute.

I called Dell Technical support. They have an excellent website. After I logged into the website, it was able to recognize my computer. I was soon able to connect to a technical person. He spent about half an hour to update my drivers. He think that the sound was caused by a corrupted driver. The problem was fixed. The technical support is located in Penang. The support personnel was working on a third shift during the weekend. I find the support to be excellent. I wish that our young people in Singapore could provide this kind of support. I guess that our problem is the high cost of labor in Singapore.

Surely this kind of job is better than delivery food or driving a private hire car?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This government is missing the wood from the trees. They do not have good people with foresight Wayang here and there only.

Anonymous said...

The problem is which company in Singapore will want to pay $3+K salaries to setup a remote technical helpdesk here?

Even an IT MNC like Dell is not willing.

In fact with remote WFH being so successful during covid, more companies here are aiming to hire overseas graduates & get them to work remotely.

Anonymous said...

Subject: Quota.

My friend is very happy. He is getting married in March and can only quota 100 people. He

has no time for a lot of relatives whom he is not keen on. ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Not only are their products well-engineered, but their after-sales/support is

of the highest standard and this can only come from the very top. Dyson.

Blog Archive