Friday, January 15, 2021

My investment in US growth stocks

 My biggest investment in US growth stock was in Tesla (TSLA). I invested in the stock when it was at a modest price. I was convinced about the potential for this stock. I did not invest in it because it was "growth stock".

My investment in this stock has been spectacular. I must have made (and realized) a profit of over $300,000 USD over the past year. I have now sold all my holdings in this stock.
During the past month, I have invested in three other growth stocks, namely Nano Dimension, Bionano Genomics and Cryspr Therapeutics. I invested about $60,000 USD in each stock.
I found these growth stocks because they were actively covered by investment bloggers who were trying to build a YouTube channel. They produce a 5 to 15 minute video to explain the stock and why they were excited about its potential.
I watched a few videos on the same stock produced by different bloggers. I find their research to be useful. I make my own decision in these stocks.
I have sold off all my holdings in these three stocks and made a realized gain of $100,000 USD.
I want to reduce my exposure in case there is a market crash or civil commotion in the United States. I may buy back these stocks at a much lower price.
I find my approach in identifying the growth stocks to be quite reliable. After the market correction, which I hope will happen soon, I may come back to invest in these stocks.

1 comment:

Suresh.g said...

Thanks for the informative article! waiting for your next post.- critical illness

Blog Archive