Tuesday, February 16, 2021

My investment in China stocks

 This excludes my investment in Baidu listed in America which shows a good gain. I invested $6.1 million HKD ( $1.05 million SGD) in China stocks listed in Hong Kong. The current market value is break even compared to cost. It used to show a loss of 15% compared to market value.

This excludes my investment in Baidu listed in America which shows a good gain. 
I prefer the China stocks because their average PE ratio is 5 to 6 times and dividend yield is over 4% (except for Alibaba). The PE ratio is less than half of Singapore stocks and one third of American stocks. I invested in the following stocks - China Mobile (0941), China Petroleum ((0386), China Railway (0390), Country Garden (2007), ICBC (1398), Kerry Property (0683). PICC P&C (2328) and Alibaba (9988). I expect these stocks to move up 50% in value when the US and international funds decided to move to emerging markets (i.e. China and other Asian markets). In the meantime, I can look forward to a good dividend yield. My China stocks moved an average of 2.5% today. I hope that this is the start of a trend to reflect the value of these stocks. https://fisca.sg/ArticleDisplay.aspx?ID=857

No comments:

Blog Archive