Thursday, March 16, 2023

Tiresome to register a warranty

 I install a new air conditioner from Mitsubishi Asia.

My contractor asked me to register for a warranty.
I have to scan the QR code on my mobile phone and went to their website. It was the home page, and not the registration page. I had to go through the website and finally found "Register your product".
Why can't the use a QR code that lead directly to the registration page?
It was difficult to submit the registration details using a phone. The process was interrupted by many popups, which make the submission quite difficult. After trying it a few times, I gave up.
I went to the website (by reading the website address from the phone).
It was much easier to submit the registration details from the website. I manage to complete it, but still with some trouble.
Mitsubishi should have just directed the customer to register on their website on their laptop or desktop. By providing a registration through the phone, with a small screen, they made the process quite complicated.
Finally, before confirmation the registration, I have to agree to allow my private data to be used for marketing, etc. This was supposed to be an option, but I could not uncheck it. It was mandatory.
If I do not agree, I could not submit the registration. I think that Mitsubishi is breaking the law.
Anyway, I am used to bad business practices in Singapore. I am tired of lodging a complaint, when the authority does not care. Businesses are treating customers unfairly and get away with it.
Tan Kin Lian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...



Rich people have got more problems than the poor.

Poor people do not have aircon. They sleep with table fans. Ask the elderly people you see at the markets who only speak dialects.

At a supermarket. a helper had finished shopping for the items on the paper lists. The American Express card her employer gave her for payment could not go through. The cashier or helper kept trying. Ultimately, the cashier curtly told her to put all the things back where they belong. She said she would call her māām. The one behind is not rich and does not possess all the fancy cards. Just paid the amount in cash and off on the way.

Anonymous said...

Money provides access to convenience, experiences, services that improve happiness levels, affordability of comforts and better enjoyable quality of life.

Research also shows that wealthier people are not happier. More money means higher expectations.

Money cannot buy time, health and most of all, one's well being and serenity.

Blog Archive