Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Friendly and helpful Malaysians

 On my 3 hour journey from Gelang Patah to my home, I had to take the bus on 3 legs. For the first 2 legs (from Gelang Patah to 2nd link CIQ and then to Tuas CIQ), I had to ask other passengers or the counter staff for information on the bus to take, the place to wait for the bus and the waiting time.

I found the Malaysians to be polite and helpful. They were sincerely helpful. For the Chinese, I spoke in Mandarin and for the Indians and Malays, I spoke in English and sometimes in Malay. I appreciated their help.
On boarding the bus, I had to pay RM 4.50. I had RM 10 and the driver could not give change. The passenger behind me immediately gave me his RM 5 and asked me to pay the RM 10 for both of us. That save me RM 5.
I thanked him and he said that it was all right.
I found many Singaporeans to be generally helpful also, but there are some nasty ones, such as the people who make nasty comments now and then.
Tan Kin Lian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In past, Mr Late Kuan Yew insulted that Johor was an unsafe and dangerous country( which was the truth) after Tang Lian Hong escaped via transit there? Singapore was nearly trampled by Johorians. Presently those interviewed about Singapore or any other host countries in which they are residing mostly replied with eggshells in their mouths. Listen with a pinch of salt 'cos it was only one opinion from someone. Humans distinguished themselves as in being private and communal spaces.

Blog Archive