Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Grab app and outdated warnings

 I booked Grab to take me from Forest City to 2nd link CIQ.

A driver took my booking and the app said that she would appear in 4 mins. Later, it was changed to 8 mins and, after waiting for 5 mins, the pick up time was changed to 15 mins. I cancelled the call.
I made another booking. The app said that the driver was nearby, in Forest City, but he took over 10 mins to arrive. It should take only 2 mins.
I learned later that he was living in Forest City and had rented an apartment for RM 500 a month.
The Grab app sent me warning a message several times that it was compulsory to wear a mask. I searched for a mask that I carried in my bag.
When the driver arrived, he was not wearing a mask. I left the mask in my pocket as it was not necessary. The app was clearly outdated, and it continued to impose a useless and troublesome requirement.
Most people do not wear a mask in Johor now. I hardly see anyone wearing a mask in the malls or buses.
It is easy for the government to issue the mask mandate, but they do not seem to be taking the trouble to remove the mandate when it was no longer required.
I wondered why the IT developers in Grab continued to keep the useless message in their Malaysian app.
Tan Kin Lian
All reactions:
Tan Kin Lian

No comments:

Blog Archive