Saturday, July 22, 2006

A few months to clear our backlog. Sorry.

FROM POLICYHOLDER

Dear Mr Tan,

I am a big fan of NTUC income. In fact, most of my insurance policies and those of my family are from Income. However, I really have to feedback to you that Income’s back room operation is one of the slowest I have ever seen.

Previously, I waited for 6 months to receive my policy document for SAFRA living care. And that is after 3 calls and 1 email to chase after the document. The reasons given by your staff was that the computer system went through some migration.

Currently, I am waiting for the Incomeshield rider confirmation for my children, which I had made payment 2 months ago. I cannot help but wonder, what is going on inside Income?

All the best to Income.

MY REPLY

Dear

I must admit that my group and health dept, which handles SAFRA and Incomeshield, is in a mess right now.

We received 60,000 requests for upgrading into Enhanced Incomeshield. My staff absolutely could not cope with the work volume. Guess what, one third resigned.

Give us a few months to sort out the backlog. In the meantime, I am sorry that there is nothing that we can do about the delay. Just be patient.

FROM POLICYHOLDER

Dear Mr Tan,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Really appreciate it. I hope you can find more capable men to assist you.

One suggestion is to find part-time housewives or students during school holidays to help with all the paper work.

Another way is to outsource some jobs to other companies. Try out 1/3 and 2/3 rule. 2/3 inhouse and 1/3 outsource.

I hope I am not too nosey.

MY REPLY

Thank you. We actually have help from the other depts. Some of the work needs some technical knowledge, so part time workers does not really help. But, I appreciate your concern.

No comments:

Blog Archive