Friday, July 21, 2006

My fond memory of Lim Kim San

I am sad to learn about the demise of Mr Lim Kim San, a pioneer of modern Singapore, at a ripe old age of 90 years.

I have not met Mr Lim personally, but I have a wonderful memory of a message given by him 30 years ago.

I was involved in Marine Parade constituency. We wanted to produce a monthly newsletter for the constituency. It was the first of its kind at that time. We wrote to Mr Lim for a message. He was the Minister for National for National Development. Marine Parade was a HDB estate, created out the sea, ie on reclaimed land.

In his message, Mr Lim said, "Marine Parade has no past. It only has a future". I remember these wonderful words over the years.

1 comment:

BT said...

I attended his private wake on Friday though I do not know him personally.

But I think without the past we will never appreciate the future.

Blog Archive