Monday, September 18, 2006

IMF / World Bank meetings

I attended a seminar on Saturday under the umbrella of the IMF/ World Bank. The security was tight. It was quite a hassle to get past the security.

I had to collect my badge at City Hall. I took a shuttle bus to Suntec City. It had to go through a big round to the back entrance of Suntec City. It took 15 minutes longer than usual. So, I missed the first 30 minutes of the seminar.

There must be over 10 concurrent seminars or meetings held at the convention center and the nearby hotels, including those held by the investment banks. Locating the right meeting place is also quite difficult. Fortunately, there are many guides around that can show the way.

I have since attended 4 seminars. The quality of the seminars is excellent. The speakers are very good, very knowledgeable. The questions and answers were handled very well. There were active engagement.

Overall, it is a wonderful experience to participate in the IMF and World Bank seminars.

No comments:

Blog Archive