Saturday, September 23, 2006

Pursue other interest

I will be leaving NTUC Income from 1 April 2007 to pursue other interest. By that time, I will have completed 30 years of service.

This will allow the board to find a new chief executive officer to take NTUC Income through the next important stage of its development.

I am confident that NTUC Income will continue to do well in the future. I have many dedicated, capable, younger colleagues in NTUC Income who will continue to look after the best interest of our policyholders.

I shall be pursuing other interest.

If you have any questions, send them to tankl@income.com.sg. I shall be answering these questions in my blog. Get your friends to read the blog.

1 comment:

Victor Foo said...

Hello Mr. Tan

I am unsurprised by your decision to step down as CEO of NTUC Income. I think this is a sound and vital move, permitting the Cooperative to continue advancing into the next level instead.

You have done remarkably well, guiding NTUC Income during the past 30 years, from an asset base of $40 million in 1977 to exceeding $17 billion and annual premiums exceeding $2 billion. You have obviously accomplished your objectives successfully.

Your great achievements have certainly created a high standard for your successor to pursuit. I admired your honorable character.

Victor Foo
from People's Republic of China (PRC)

* Do you think it is possible for you to continue assisting Digistore Solutions (S) Pte. Ltd. ? How about to consider sitting on board as our Independent Director instead ? We are a Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) and we need your professional advice and guidance.

Blog Archive