Wednesday, November 08, 2006

What return can you expect from NTUC Income's funds?

Dear Mr Tan,

I read your article in eNN.

On lesson 1, I was also told not to invest in srructured deposits too from my financial advisers . However what have you got to say about guanrantee returns of structured deposits from the banks. The minimum is at least 2% per annum and better than normal savings of less than 1% interest (maybe 0.5%).

For Lesson 2 and your best choice, what I can see is the difference perhaps could be the difference in charges. Other than that, the large, well-diversified fund you mentioned has its own risks attached. By the way, what returns are we talking about for those fund coming from ntuc income.

TKS

--------------

Dear TKS

If you wish to invest in safe investments that give more than 2% per annum, and have full flexibility, I suggest the Money Market Fund.

FlexiCash

I have recently invested $100,000 in this fund to earn an interest rate of around 2.5% to 3%. The interest rate will fluctuate with the money market. I will re-invest this money in the combined fund (equity and bonds) some time next year, if the market has corrected from the current level.

If you wish to invest to earn a higher return, I suggest that you consider our Combined Fund.

Flexi-Link


Tan Kin Lian

No comments:

Blog Archive