Friday, January 12, 2007

Buy term insurance?

Hi Mr Tan,

I like to check with you on the life insurance for my wife. She is 30 yrs old and in good health. We had a one-year son.

She had a breast scan and ultrascan on her uterus last year. The examinations discovered benign lumps on her breasts and fibroid on her uterus.

I had wanted to buy life insurance from Company X but they slapped a increase in the premium and exclusion of her reproductive organs. Due to this exclusion, I did not sign up for the insurance.

Recently, I had an agent from Company Y who said that he is willing to try for me to buy term insurance without the exclusion. However, the premium is about $50-$60 per month for $100,000.

Is the premiums too high as I compared the premium with one of the blogs on your website below?

What kind of plan do you recommend? I am open to any plans as long as she is adequately covered.

H

-------------
Dear H

Let me ask my colleague to take a look and see if we can offer better terms for your wife.

No comments:

Blog Archive